Bill Greer came up through the ranks of SMART Recovery. He started as a participant in 2012, then became a facilitator, then Regional Coordinator, and joined the Board of Directors in 2017. He is currently the President of the Board. As SMART releases its 2021-2022 Strategic Plan to the community, he knows the importance of implementing goals that will shape SMART’s future.
In this podcast, Bill talks about:
- The 2021-2022 Strategic Plan
- Coming up through the ranks of SMART
- The lived experience of SMART
- What the Strategic Plan means
- How the Strategic Plan achieves the SMART mission
- How the Strategic Plan is aimed towards supporting our volunteers
- A decade of incredible growth and why the Strategic Plan is necessary for continued growth
- Addressing uncomfortable and challenging questions
- Why it’s critical to shift to a fund development culture
- Making SMART a household name
- His meaning of Life Beyond Addiction
- What the Strategic Plan means to you and how to take action
- Becoming a SMART Recovery Volunteer
- InsideOut: A SMART Recovery Correctional Program®
- SMART Recovery Training Program
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU COMMENT:
SMART Recovery welcomes comments on our blog posts—we enjoy hearing from you! In the interest of maintaining a respectful and safe community atmosphere, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines when making or responding to others’ comments, regardless of your point of view. Thank you.
- Be kind in tone and intent.
- Be respectful in how you respond to opinions that are different than your own.
- Be brief and limit your comment to a maximum of 500 words.
- Be careful not to mention specific drug names.
- Be succinct in your descriptions, graphic details are not necessary.
- Be focused on the content of the blog post itself.
If you are interested in addiction recovery support, we encourage you to visit the SMART Recovery website.
If you or someone you love is in great distress and considering self-harm, please call 911 for immediate help, or reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline @ 800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
We look forward to you joining the conversation!
*SMART Recovery reserves the right to not publish comments we consider outside our guidelines.*